Category Archives: DDOReq
DDOReq is the key in disbursing salaries for central government employees. DDOReq will be sent to PAO along with Paybill for approval. PAO will scrutinize DDOReq before approving paybill. Once Paybill is approved against DDOReq, necessary arrangements will be made to pay salaries.
Discussion on DDOReq:
When we conducted market survey by meeting various DDOs and PAOs or similar cadre employees of various central government organizations, we found that there is a system in place through which currently processing of salaries and generation of paybill is happening along with required schedules.
As per the current system in place in most of the central government offices, “DDOReq” will be sent to PAO to approve paybill along with schedules for the month. PAO in turn passes the bills after “DDOReq” after scrutinizing the paybill and sends salary cheques to the respective DDO. DDO will do direct deposit or issue individual cheques or cash to the employees towards salary disbursement.
As per the current system, DDOs are computing salaries and preparing paybills either manually or through semi automated system. In some cases, calculations made based either on manual or semi automated system are resulting stress and pressure.
When 6th Pay Commission recommendations were accepted by Union Government, DDO / PAO/ similar cadre employees found it difficult to prepare paybill either manually or through semi automated system due to complexity of calculations. Some times, due to lack of Data Base, DDOs are finding it difficult to prepare Pay Bills on time where calculations are more due to allowances, loans, annual increment, etc. In some cases, organizations are suffering with lack of knowledgeable person(s) who can assist the DDO in preparing Paybill month-on-month along with required schedules.
Roles and Responsibilities of DDO / similar cadre employee:
* Monthly Paybill generation
* Monthly Schedules from monthly Paybill which includes Bank Statements from the Main Paybill
* Yearly Statements from Provident Fund, EWS, etc from there monthly Paybills
* DA Arrears along with other arrears, if any from the Paybill
* Prepare annual Accounts pertaining to the various accounts, viz, SF, Provident Fund, NPS, Income Tax, Form 16, etc.
* Generating manual statements every month
* Regulation of Income Tax, Income Tax Returns, TDS Returns, etc
* Managing Provident Fund, Loans, Withdrawals, Interest, Reports, etc
* Monitoring Interest Free Loans & Refunds
* Monitoring Interest bearing Loans and Refunds
* Regulation of Pay on Promotions
* Generation of Pay Slips
* Auto Remittance of Salaries
* Printing of various Schedules
Merits and Demerits of existing system:
* Handling the work will be easy
* Clerical staff who are currently working are over burdened
* No Accountability
* Zero computer literate staff are put under severe stress when they are using semi automated system
Third Party Paybill Tool: In some cases, some of the government organizations are using third party paybill calculator based on excel or any outdated technology. In such instances, employees have to generate two paybills – one for uploading as required by the third party tool provider and second paybill as per requirement of their organization. Preparation of two paybills along with schedules, creating further stress on the staff.
Incoming search terms:
- ddo request
- ddo req
- ddo request for salaries
- ddoreq request
- www ddo req
- ddoreq salaries
- ddo request salary bills